EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield
What are the EU-US and Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks?
Understanding how the framework works.
“The EU-U.S. and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework was designed by the U.S. Department of Commerce, and European Commission and Swiss Administration, respectively, to provide companies on both sides of the Atlantic with a mechanism to comply with data protection requirements when transferring personal data from the European Union and Switzerland to the United States in support of transatlantic commerce. ” (Department of Commerce)
Understanding the TRUSTe Role
- TRUSTe provides dispute resolution services under the EU-US & Swiss-US Privacy Shield Frameworks free of charge to individuals. For more information about dispute resolution and enforcement under the Frameworks, please click here.
- To file a Privacy Shield-related complaint, please click here.
- To learn more about the timeframe in which complaints are processed, a description of potential remedies, and other FAQs please click here.
- For more information about EU-US Privacy Shield and Swiss-US Privacy Shield, please click here.
- Read the 2017 TRUSTe Privacy Shield Report here.