Registration Now Open for TRUSTe’s IoT Privacy Summit
This year’s Summit will focus on practical solutions to the privacy challenges brought on by the Internet of Things. This event brings together everyone involved in the whole privacy IoT ecosystem — from technologists and product engineers to privacy practitioners, regulators, and academics for a day of discussion, insight and practical take-aways. Attendees will also have access to multiple case studies, workshops and panel presentations,
This is the second year of the IoT Privacy Summit. This year’s sessions and panel topics include: “How the Automobile Industry Took the Lead in Industry Self-Regulation,” “Can Self-Regulation Meet Privacy Challenges of IoT?” and “Health Privacy in a Fully Connected World: The Loss of Individual Autonomy or Opportunities for Better Health and Quality of Life?” – plus many more!
Our launch speaker line-up includes:
- Justin Brookman, Director, Consumer Privacy, Center for Democracy & Technology
- Hilary Cain, Director, Tech and Innovation Policy, Toyota
- Michelle Dennedy, Chief Privacy Officer, McAfee
- Andrea Glorioso, ICT Coordinator, EU Delegation to the U.S.
- Jim Hunter, Chief Scientist and Technology Evangelist, Greenwave Systems
- Nancy Libin, Partner/Head of Privacy Practice, Wilkinson Barker Knauer, LLP; former Chief Privacy and Civil Liberties Officer of the U.S. Department of Justice
- Daniel Obodovski, Co-Author of “The Silent Intelligence: The Internet of Things”
- Jill Phillips, Chief Privacy Officer, General Motors
- Alex Reynolds, Director & Regulatory Counsel, Consumer Electronics Association (CEA)
- Dr. Gilad L. Rosner, Founder, Internet of Things Privacy Forum & Visiting Researcher, Horizon Digital Economy Research Institute
- Nithan Sannappa, Senior Attorney, Federal Trade Commission
- Hilary Wandall, AVP & Chief Privacy Officer, Merck & Co., Inc.
Ahead of the Summit, on June 16th, the IoT Privacy Tech Working Group will meet to identify the technical standards and best practices necessary to help enhance consumer privacy in the IoT. The meeting takes place from 12 p.m.- 5p.m. in the Bay Area. For more details contact email@example.com