TrustArc is excited to host a special webinar event with speakers from the U.S. Department of Commerce and Cisco next Wednesday, February 13th at 9AM PT / 12PM ET / 5PM GMT. Register today!
Are you a U.S. company doing business in Japan? Japan is home to many subsidiaries of U.S.- headquartered companies that need to transfer data out of Japan to other parts of the world, including the United States. Japan’s data protection law, the Act on the Protection of Personal Information (APPI) requires receiving organizations to demonstrate that sufficient data protections are being used for data transfers out of Japan. Since APPI went into effect in May 2017, companies have been liable for any violation and are subject to enforcement.
APPI recognizes that the APEC Cross-Border Privacy Rules (CBPR) system is one mechanism to demonstrate that required data protections are in place. An APEC CBPR Certification can support your compliance efforts with APPI and show your customers and partners you are committed to secure U.S.- Japan data transfer.
During this webinar, learn how an APEC CBPR Certification can support U.S – Japan data transfer compliance. The webinar will cover:
- International data transfer requirements under APPI, who they apply to and how the APEC CBPR system fits in with these requirements
- Introduction to APEC CBPR certification, including its benefits in the context of APPI requirements
- Real-world examples from industry experts on how APEC CBPR certification can fit in with your global compliance strategy
- Shannon Coe, Director, Global Data Policy, U.S. Department of Commerce
- Harvey Jang, Senior Director, Global Data Protection & Privacy Counsel, Cisco
- Josh Harris, Director, International Regulatory Affairs, TrustArc
Can’t make the webinar? Register anyway – we’ll send you a follow-up email with the slides and recording after the webinar!