Today we held our fifth webinar in our 2017 Privacy Insight Series, “ROI of Privacy: Building a Case for Investment”. Emily Leach, Knowledge Manager at IAPP; Paul Iagnocco, Senior Privacy Consultant, TRUSTe; and Laurel Strand, Senior Privacy Consultant, TRUSTe gave practical insight into how to develop ROI metrics for privacy programs.
Below are some of the topics our panelists covered that you can incorporate when building the case for privacy.
- Consumers will cross the street for privacy. Over the past few years the landscape has changed – consumers know that data is being collected about them and 89% of them avoid using companies that don’t protect privacy.
- Similarly, we’ve seen several international companies are also concerned with assessing GDPR readiness of their vendors. Potential clients are also looking for vendors who demonstrate GDPR readiness.
- Partner with and leverage other compliance and info security groups’ efforts. Many times partnering with other internal groups can help your team get more budget and spend time more efficiently.
- Data is currency and it should be protected as such. Rules and training around accessing data are very important to ensure your company’s data is protected at all times.
- Venture capitalists care about privacy. In 2010, VC’s invested $35M in three online privacy companies.
To hear the complete webinar recording, and view the webinar slides here.
Join us for our next webinar, “GDPR: DPIA & Data Breach Requirements – Assessing Individual harm”. Reserve your seat!